Friday, September 19, 2008

On the road again!

Well folks, I'm writing from Kansas City MO, City of Fountains. I weighed in before I left and was comfortably at 140.5. Only 10 lbs to go! The surprize for me was as I was packing, I ran across a pair of slacks I'd forgotten about (they were part of a 3 pc outfit - dress, slacks and jacket) that were part of an outfit that went to Goodwill probably 2 years ago.....and they fit - in size 12!
Unfortunately Isagenix can't take credit for all the loss since we had a flooded family room as the result of 12 inches of rain in the west suburban Chicago area and the resulting stress was not been fun. We didn't lose furniture but having to suddenly move a lot of boxes and get stuff off the carpet as the water is coming in makes for workout that I don't like participating in! At least someof our loss is covered by insurance since we had a sump pump failure along with a stairwell drain failure. At least I'll get that new ceramic tile floor I've been thinking about......


The photo is the WWI Liberty Memorial in Kansas City - an art deco gem and a somber reminder of the horror of war - the sphinx has its eyes covered at the devastation of WWI.

No comments: