Friday, June 20, 2008

Others are noticing!

Been rather busy with work and lots of activities. Was out every evening this week and fell into bed - I felt lucky to stay on the diet much less weigh in....as of last Friday the 13th I weighed 150.5 lbs. Stepped on the scale today and it read 148.5! To say the least I'm excited. I haven't seen the 140's since 2004 (and my mother's 2nd hip fracture) Now it is only 18 ounces to halfway!

Yesterday one of the women at my office commented on a photo that was on a Tai Chi flyer I had left and said I looked like I'd lost 1/4 of myself (not a bad comment after 17 lbs!) and someone I saw at a meeting last night said I appeared a lot smaller through the stomach and hips.

Last weekend I attended a Tai Chi intensive and tried very hard to stay on program during the lunch break. Sunday being Father's Day was more challenging since my father really doesn't tolerate going out for full meals anymore and we opted for ice cream - the Hot Fudge Sundae was calling and I willingly answered. (I never thought of a Hot Fudge Sundae sounding sexy but it depends on how long it has been since you've had one.....)

Another motivator for losing weight is my son's wedding in August. They opted for 8/8/08 as a wedding date in Carmel CA. I need to get a suitable dress and since I generally have avoided wearing dresses in my adult life (it's the tomboy in me I guess), shopping for one is going to be an experience. I've asked a friend to help me shop....she doesn't know what she is in for yet.....or maybe I don't know what I'm in for yet......

No comments: