Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back to reality

Well, I'm back from my trip to the land of Oz...AKA the International Taoist Tai Chi Centre in Orangeville, Ontario, Canada. Had a wonderful time and found myself doing Tai Chi for upwards of 8 (yes that's right!) hours a day for 5 1/2 days. I attended the Health Recovery Program along with 14 other participants and 9 assistant instructors. I spent the rest of the time visiting close friends/family in Michigan. I weighed in yesterday morning and the verdict was 149.5 lbs, a 5 lb net gain. I expected as much - Chinese food for 2 meals a day although the food was great, the extra carbs were not :-( I did find my clothes were more loose despite the gain so I guess I gained some muscle in the process. I'm doing my cleanse day today and will be back to the program routine of 2 shakes and a meal tomorrow. I'll weigh in on Friday (my usual day) and see how I do for the week.

No comments: